As outlined in the American Society of Interior Designers Bylaws and Policies, the ASID California North chapter board consists of two officer positions, five director positions, and one student representative.
Terms run from October 1 – September 30 and are either one or two-year terms.
Chapter Officer positions are one-year terms elected annually and include:
- President (October 1, 2021 – September 30, 2022)
- President-elect (October 1, 2021 – September 30, 2022)
- Serves as President the following year (October 1, 2022 – September 30, 2023)
Candidate eligibility requirements include:
- Members with the appellation of ASID or Allied ASID and;
- Candidates must have served on the chapter board within the last 10 years, or
- Candidates must have served as a committee chair for two years within the last 10 years, or
- Receive special dispensation for candidate approval.
Director positions are two-year terms and include:
- At-large Director (October 1, 2020 – September 30, 2022)
- Membership Director (October 1, 2020 – September 30, 2022)
- Communications Director (October 1, 2021 – September 30, 2023)
- Finance Director (October 1, 2021 – September 30, 2023)
- Professional Development Director (October 1, 2021 – September 30, 2023)
Members in good standing with the appellation of ASID, Allied ASID, or Industry Partner in good standing are eligible for director positions.
Student Representative to the Board is a one-year term and shall be appointed by the sitting board.
The primary function of the President is to inspire and facilitate consensus among the board and defend board outcomes.
- Facilitator of the board’s ideas.
- Champion and protector of the governance process.
- Facilitator of succession planning.
The primary function is to support the Chapter President in carrying out the functions of that office and to ensure the Chapter’s Strategic Plan and budget are prepared for the following year.
- Chair of the Strategic Planning Committee and responsible for the preparation and presentation of the Chapter’s annual work plan and budget to the Chapter board for review/approval.
- The successor to assume the duties of the Chapter President in his/her absence.
- The collaborator to assist and support the president while learning the responsibilities of the president.
The primary function is to ensure that all chapter communications are conducted in accordance with the Society’s brand identity and standards.
- The facilitator for all communications channels between Headquarters and the chapter to develop content and strategies.
- The liaison between the communications committee, the chapter members, and the board to facilitate all messaging related to the chapter and Headquarters news and events.
- Provide oversight to all media channels on behalf of the chapter.
The primary function is to ensure the fiscal health of the chapter.
- The facilitator of budget and workplan development.
- The manager of the chapter’s assets and accounts.
- The coordinator of creative, effective fundraising.
Professional Development Director
The primary function is to plan and execute (or oversee committees and task forces responsible for planning and executing) the professional development and program functions of the chapter and to ensure that the chapter program offerings are aligned with the chapter’s strategic plan.
- Develop high-quality programs that respond to each member segment’s needs.
- Provide approved continuing education at the chapter level and communicate reporting period deadlines to the membership.
- Communicate and educate members on eligibility criteria, prep classes, and testing schedules for the NCIDQ in the area.
The primary function is to ensure the membership initiatives set forth by the Chapter are executed.
- Plan and execute the membership development and retention initiatives.
- The champion of WHY you should join ASID.
- The first voice potential members hear.
- Serves as a voting member of the chapter board of directors.
- Supports the mission, policies, and programs of the Society and chapter as adopted by the Society and chapter board of directors.
- Ensures that all chapter communications are conducted in accordance with the ASID brand.
The primary function is to serve as a voice and link for your student chapters and the professional board.
- Voting member of the board.
- The facilitator of student programming at the professional chapter level.
- The face that represents student membership.