Make more confident furniture selection decisions with an informed view of the role standards play in your evaluation process. Presented by BIFMA, join the ASID Webinar "Why Standards Matter" on April 21 from 3:00-4:15 p.m! The live webinar will include an hour-long CEU presentation followed by 15 minutes of moderated Q&A. The webinar is FREE for all ASID members! Click here to register.
Standards in contract furniture procurement ensure decisions are informed by safety, wellness, and sustainability. Learn about the historical context that drove BIFMA to develop industry-wide furniture performance standards and realize the impact of social, economic, and technological trends on the bottom line for your clients. See how testing procedures simulate actual use over the life of the product, and learn how to access LEVEL and BIFMA Compliant standards as tools to evaluate your furniture selections.
What You will Learn
- Explain the historical context that drove the need for developing industry-wide furniture performance standards.
- Describe the impact of social, economic, and technological trends on business owners who must satisfy their bottom line.
- Identify how furniture testing procedures are designed to simulate use over the life of the product, and visualize how different tests relate to safety and durability requirements under BIFMA standards.
- Evaluate your contract furniture selections using the LEVEL and BIFMA Compliant tools.
Continuing Education Approvals
- 1 IDCEC CEU | HSW CC-112981 (Your CEU will be reported to IDCEC on your behalf by the Content Provider.)
Director of Outreach, BIFMA
Jennifer Wammack is BIFMA’s Director of Outreach, a role created in 2017 to enhance engagement with influencers of the commercial built environment. Since that time, Jennifer has been the organization’s brand ambassador, communicating BIFMA’s message as the industry leader in developing furniture safety, durability and sustainability standards that ensure product performance and inspire confidence wherever people work, learn, heal, and play. Jennifer holds a BFA in Textile Design from the Rhode Island School of Design and a Masters of Management in Sustainable Business from Aquinas College.